| 20 March 2012
Barracuda NG Firewall 5.2.3 simplifies IPSec VPN tunneling for iPads and iPhones
Basingstoke: In the hands of Barracuda Networks innovations come with ease as a person breathing air, hence Vigilance can report that it has just added several key features to the latest release of its Barracuda NG Firewall product including: supportforiOSmobile devices; integration to the Mac OS Keychain and support for Citrix Xen and open source Xen hypervisors.
In addition, many components of the Barracuda NG Firewall graphical user interface (GUI) have been simplified to allow customers to get up and running faster than ever before.
Klaus Gheri, vice president of product management Europe for Barracuda Networks, said: “Every new firmware release is a result of listening closely to our customers. This latest release reflects the fact that mobile devices and virtualisation have become ubiquitous across the enterprise. NG Firewall can help businesses of any size embrace these trends more easily while improving management, reducing costs, and consolidating their security.”
1. iOS Mobile device VPN Support: New support for the IPsec XAUTH authentication standard lets customers easily create IPSec VPN tunnels between Barracuda NG Firewalls and mobile devices such as iPads or iPhones.
2. Support for Xen virtualisation: Support for Citrix Xen and open source Xen hypervisors allows administrators to deploy either XVA, ZIP or OVF virtual appliances depending on their environment.
3. Mac Client 3.1: The new version includes the most requested feature by early adopters: Integration to the Keychain. Upon connecting to the VPN server, the VPN client transparently reads the password from the Keychain and submits to the VPN server, essentially offering a single-sign-on methodology.
4. GUI simplification and renaming to better match industry standards: Large components of the Barracuda NG Firewall interface were recently revised to be more intuitive, allowing faster set up of a single firewall unit, and better reflecting industry naming standards.
5. IPFIX Support: This enables larger organisations and managed security service providers (MSSPs) with their own network surveillance infrastructure to more easily integrate the Barracuda NG Firewall to their existing network monitoring infrastructure.
|< Prev||Next >|