FIPS 140-2 certified solution delivers mobile productivity with protection, allowing users to securely access and share enterprise content
| 18 July 2012
Palo Alto, CA: Accellion, Inc., the award-winning pioneer in providing enterprise-class, secure and mobile file sharing solutions, today announced the general availability of the latest version of native Accellion Mobile Apps. Accellion Mobile Apps allow business users to collaborate and view more than 200 different file types, editing and sharing files from a secure, encrypted location using smartphones and tablets.
“We could have easily allowed employees to use consumer grade solutions that, on the surface, would have gotten the job done,” said Shawn Schmidt, Infrastructure Manager with Allens Linklater (formerly Allens Arthur Robinson) an Accellion, Inc. customer. “But, we knew our firm and our clients needed something they could trust and rely on.”
Accellion apps for Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad), BlackBerry, and Android devices deliver a superior alternative to cumbersome browser-based apps. Once users have downloaded the mobile application, they can simply login and begin browsing their workspace to find and view relevant content using a simple, intuitive interface. With the right privileges, users have the flexibility to edit a file either online or download the encrypted file for offline use (without a wifi or data connection), and then upload the edited file back to the Accellion Secure Workspace.
For IT and Security Teams, the latest version of Accellion Mobile Apps provides:
• FIPS 140-2 Certification. Accellion has completed the rigorous validation process and obtained certification by the Cryptographic Module Validation Program (CMVP) to meet the security requirements set forth for Federal organizations by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
• Granular control over user privileges to align with an organization’s data privacy, compliance and security policies, including the ability to designate whether users are Standard, Expert or Restricted and/or if they can “View Only” or “Edit” files.
• Secure file lifecycle from authentication to encrypted (256-bit AES) files at rest and in transit to secure editing and saving edited files back to the Accellion cloud.
• Public, private, hybrid cloud connections to maximize privacy and protection based on an enterprise’s specific security needs and requirements.
• Password-protected files that only allow the person who owns the device to access locally saved and encrypted files.
• Remote monitoring, logging and easy to access usage reports of mobile apps, including remote workers and third parties.
In addition, Accellion is announcing a relationship with Good Technology as part of the Good Dynamics Developer Network (GDN). Accellion Mobile Apps will be integrated with the Good Dynamics™ secure platform, to offer a complete enterprise mobility solution with email, messaging, device mobile apps and content all secured and in compliance.
“While mobile collaboration is allowing organizations to significantly improve productivity, many solutions in the market are creating security issues that could expose users to data leakage and compliance challenges,” said Yorgen Edholm, president and CEO of Accellion, Inc. “Other offerings sacrifice protection for market entry. We provide our customers with a secure mobile app business users can use from wherever and whenever with confidence.”
From a data security perspective, Accellion Secure Mobile Apps ensure the protection of intellectual property and compliance with industry and government regulations. Accellion Secure Mobile Apps support LDAP authentication to ensure that only authorized users gain access to Accellion Secure Workspaces, which allow teams to securely collaborate and keep projects moving forward by enabling users to view, comment, share, sync and send files. Users can securely access files from anywhere without a VPN
|< Prev||Next >|