20 February 2015|
Knowledge of security keys used in SIM cards can have wide reaching consequences. As prior research (https://media.defcon.org/DEF%20CON%2021/DEF%20CON%2021%20presentations/Karl%20Koscher%20and%20Eric%20Butler-Updated/DEFCON-21-Koscher-Butler-The-Secret-Life-of-SIM-Cards.pdf) has described, SIM cards are much like little computers with the ability to run applications at a lower level than the phone’s operating system (i.e. Android or iOS). Information obtained by hacking the SIM manufacturer could not only be used to decrypt protected phone communication but it could also likely be used to deploy malicious Java applets to targeted SIM cards by way of special SMS messages or signals from fake cell towers (referred to as sting rays in law enforcement terms). This also potentially opens up new techniques for sophisticated MiTM attacks against cellular data connections authenticated by the compromised SIM cards.--- Craig Young, CyberSecurity Researcher for Tripwire
20 February 2015|
Last week President Obama discussed cybersecurity at the White House Summit. In this article Simon Crosby, Co-founder and CTO at Bromium, gives his thoughts as below:
At last week’s Cyber Security Summit at Stanford, President Obama sought to reset his administration’s relationship with a tech community alienated by an endless stream of disclosures of the government’s penetration of technology companies to achieve its surveillance goals. He appealed for both sides to unite to build an “Internet Cathedral” that will protect our online society. It’s a nice idea – but who are the priests?
19 February 2015|
Clavister has received a renewed order from one of South East Asia’s largest telecommunications providers, signing an agreement to secure business critical infrastructure used by its millions of subscribers.
- Top 8 trends in Security to be discussed during Frost & Sullivan’s analyst briefing
- Gallagher to assist the US secure cross-border facility
- New research reveals increasing concerns around end user security risk
- FAST launches “The UK Software Industry: a Manifesto for Growth”
- Regent Samsic accredited as recognised Living Wage service provider
- Clinical trials go digital with Thales and SureClinical
- LAD deploys Corero to protect gaming customers from DDoS attacks
- 4G service and VPN bonding deliver reliable and flexible IP services
- Brits are splashing out and shaping up!
- Honeywell launches new FAAST Aspiration Smoke Detection Applications Guide
- CNL Software opens PSIM Centre of Excellence in the UAE
- Arise Nigerians And Unite Against Election Violence, Anarchy!
- Tripwire reacts to Presidential Speech at CyberSecurity Summit
- Cyber criminal activities in banks
- Adapt celebrates Cyber Essentials PLUS certification