29 November 2013|
· 71% of UK consumers have purchased online in the last 12 months – 2nd highest rate in Europe
· 80% of UK businesses surveyed wish to eliminate fraud altogether
· Only 22% of UK businesses happy to rely on shopper authentication such as 3-D Secure
London: Ogone, an Ingenico company and leading global online payment services provider has unveiled new research announcing continued growth in European online and mobile payment markets. Comparing five major EU territories: - the UK; Germany; France; Belgium and The Netherlands, payments specialist Ogone’s new report entitled 'Online & mobile payments: New opportunities & threats' explores differing regional and cultural attitudes towards online and mobile transactions, as well as the use of fraud management and prevention tools by ecommerce businesses.
29 November 2013|
IntroductionIf you go into a meeting these days, the chances are you will see people using, not just one, but several wireless mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets or laptops. Employees are increasingly using wireless devices in their daily business life. It’s part of an unstoppable wave of change, which is radically affecting the structure of our IT networks and taking us into a new wireless world of rapid and unpredictable developments, with ongoing operational and security challenges.
28 November 2013|
Cyber-crime and malware attacks will increase during 2014 as criminals capitalise on recent successes and continue to use technology for illicit gain
AppRiver, the cloud-based email and Web security specialist has released its threat forecast for 2014 warning that many of the security headlines of 2013 are just the precursor of things to come. It predicts that, having proved lucrative, many criminals will continue to invest time and effort infecting devices and holding data to ransom; there will be devastating repercussions following Adobe’s ColdFusion and Acrobat source code liberation, mobile malware will continue to spread and everyone’s liberty is at risk from state-sponsored attacks.
- TMV Control Systems enable locomotive fleets to run more efficiently with Opengear's cellular remote management
- Norbain promotes IP technology with dedicated roadshow
- Norbain appoints Steve Marshall to run London region
- BSIA members invited to tender for Commonwealth Games security contracts
- Aspect Enterprise Solutions “Power Hours” Trader Webcast to Focus On Real-Time Data (RTD) Retrieval for Advanced Spreadsheet Analysis
- CWCS Managed Hosting offers unlimited data transfer (Bandwidth) on cloud servers
- CloudSigma makes it easier for customers to enhance security with infrastructure-level firewalls
- Hewlett-Packard expands its activities in Mobile Payments and Banking, through a global agreement with Accumulate
- Skyscape Cloud Services gets PSN accreditation
- Tennessee Apparel and Gore partner on a new chemical and biological system for U.S special Operations
- Trent Valley Academy selects MOBOTIX technology to protect pupils, staff and property
- University of Kansas researcher explores ‘culture of surveillance’ in the U.S.
- Netwrix ranked 113th fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2013 Technology fast 500
- NETGEAR VueZone brings truly wireless 24 hour remote video monitoring system to UK homeowners
- SecurEnvoy makes the use of dedicated tokens superfluous